Greenfields Packaging Pitch Contest
Even though we didn't end up winning, I had so much fun doing this packaging design concept! Especially since the client did not ask for a particular style, we could play around with a lot of elements, which contributed to the fun.
PT. Greenfields Indonesia was established by a group of Australian and Indonesian entrepreneurs with strong agribusiness expertise and experience. The Company commenced the development of a dairy farm at Desa Babadan, Gunung Kawi, Malang, East Java, an ideal environment for the special dairy cows imported from Australia.
Today, Greenfields farm has a cattle population of over 6,000 head of Holstein cows producing 30 millions litres of fresh milk per year. Besides supplying the domestic market, over 50% of its finished products are sold in Singapore, Malaysia, Hong Kong, Philippines and other countries in the region.
This project is a pitching contest held by Greenfields Indonesia, to create packaging designs for their two product types:
- Fresh milk
To enter this pitch, all participants must submit three designs:
- Milk packaging 1L full cream flavor
- Yogurt cup packaging strawberry flavor
- Yogurt cup packaging mango flavor
Mandatories for milk packaging:
- Happy family portrait (I put this on the side)
- Milk flowing (I put this on the front and goes all the way to the sides and back to emphasize deliciousness and freshness)
- Cows (I decided the cows would be background image)
- Green pasture (added farm buildings to emphasize this is Greenfields farm pasturage)
- Must look fresh
Mandatories for yogurt cup packaging:
- Yogurt flowing (I put this on the front and goes all the way to the sides and back to emphasize deliciousness)
- Fruit slices (I put slices of fruits as if falling onto the yogurt stream, while some big slices featured in front to be the “eye-catcher”)
- Green pasture, cows, and family portrait as background images
- Must look delicious, as yogurt for most Indonesians is still regarded as “not delicious but healthy food”. I use the elements of yogurt stream and very appetizing-looking fruit slices to achieve this